We are pleased to announce the latest update of our BIONUMERICS software: version 8.1. This new version comes with a series of exciting new features and improvements:
- An easy export of trees and metadata to EMBL's interactive Tree Of Life (iTOL)
- Clustering of genome sequences in the Comparison window through a minhashing approach
- A new powerful and versatile Custom genotyping plugin to detect and extract sequences from whole genome sequences
- A new acquired resistance plugin for screening any Gram-negative organism
- Improved functional genotyping plugins for Escherichia coli, Listeria, Salmonella and Staphylococcus aureus
- Return of the Geographical mapping plugin
- An improved fast character matching now allows you to select a character aspect and specify a minimum overlap
- Upgrade of the embedded Python interpreter from version 2.7 to 3.8
For a complete overview of all new features and improvements, see the BIONUMERICS version 8.1 release notes.
How to upgrade?
Customers that have an older BIONUMERICS version can request a quote for an upgrade of their existing license.