WGS typing in BIONUMERICS (online)
During this three sessions online webinar Typing with WGS in BIONUMERICS participants will get a good overview of all the possibilities of the BIONUMERICS software package for typing of bacterial isolates with Whole Genome Sequencing (WGS) through alternating theoretical sessions and hands-on practice sessions in the software. By the end of the workshop you should have clear insights into the main BIONUMERICS WGS applications, including:
- The import of fastq files as sequence read sets, including data validation and cleaning
- The import of genomes and metadata from public repositories or other sources
- Mapping of reads against a reference genome
- De novo assembly
- Annotation of an assembled genome
- Genotyping tools that allow to screen the strain resistome and virulome, and in addition allow determination of e.g. pathotype (E. coli), serotype (E. coli), spa type (S. aureus)…
- Whole genome MLST (wgMLST) analysis, i.e. gene-by-gene systems as an extension of traditional 7-gene MLST
- Whole genome SNP (wgSNP) analysis, i.e. the detection of SNPs on whole genomes sequences mapped against a reference sequence
- Cluster analysis based on wgMLST and/or wgSNP
The Typing with WGS webinar consists of three half days and will begin on Wednesday morning until Friday at noon every day from 9 am until 12 pm CET . There are no formal breaks during the webinar, but participants can step away from the computer briefly during the exercises. Webinar notes are available electronically free of charge and include hand-outs of all the lectures and tutorials of the hands-on exercises. The pace of the exercises are set for advanced users, for beginners we advise to schedule some additional time to finalize the tutorials after the webinar. Our support team is available to assist with the tutorials outside the scheduled time.
All participants are required to have BIONUMERICS 8 installed on a supported Windows OS (Windows 8 and higher) on the PC they will use to connect to the webinar. Upon registration, you will receive a link to download the workshop notes and data used during the tutorials and you will be provided with detailed instructions to prepare your PC before the webinar. We advise to ensure the preparation is done the week before the webinar as some steps require administrative privileges. We can assist with the preparation prior to the workshop, but not during the sessions. A basic knowledge of the applications covered is presumed.
Registration is free and open for all participants with an active support and service contract. The number of participants to the webinar is limited to 30. In case the webinar is fully booked, the date of registration will be decisive. We reserve the right to cancel this webinar up to one month before the scheduled date in case of insufficient registrations.
Date: Jun 8th to 10th, 2022
Available places: 16